AltRider Crash Bar and Skid Plate System for the BMW R 1200 GS Water Cooled
Save some cash by ordering the Crash Bars and Skid Plate for the water cooled R 1200 GS as a kit instead of separate pieces.
The new R 1200 GS Water Cooled is generating a lot of buzz in the ADV world. At over 500 pounds it also generates a lot of force in a crash. Provide absolute protection for your liquid cooled R 1200 GS with the Crash Bar and Skid Plate System from AltRider.
The heart of the system is the 3/16” (4.76 mm) stainless steel bracket on each side that serves as a mounting point for the crash bars and skid plate – linking them together to form an incredibly strong unit that distributes force evenly throughout the entire structure. The brackets attach to the frame of the motorcycle ensuring impact from a crash isn't transferred to your water boxer motor. Two sturdy M 12 Torx bolts secure each bracket preventing them from twisting on impact.
The AltRider Crash Bars are constructed from stout 1.25” stainless steel tubing and provide complete protection to the cylinder head and motor in the event of a fall. Available in shot peen satin or powder coat black. See a full description of the crash bars.
The 3/16” (4.76 mm) thick AltRider Skid Plate provides one piece tire-to-tire protection of the entire underside of the motorcycle and exhaust. Available in anodized silver or black.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- System does not rely on motor as mount, deflecting impacts away from engine
- Complete protection system for the R 1200 GSW includes AltRider Crash Bars, Skid Plate and mounting brackets
- 3/16” (4.76 mm) stainless steel brackets link Crash Bars and Skid Plate – distributing impact evenly throughout structure
- Crash Bars available in shot peen satin and powder coat black
- Skid Plate available in anodized silver or black
Please note: BMW changed the design for the frame in November 2013. This change only affects the crash bars. To tell if you need bars for the 2013 or 2014 model, examine the frame tab referenced in steps 5 and 9 in the installation instructions. If your tab has two holes, you’ll need 2013 bars. If your tab has one hole, you’ll need 2014 bars.