3/4 Zip-Off TPG Escape Waterproof Pants with D30 Armor by FirstGear
TPG stands for Technical Performance Gear and these pants are packed with innovative technology. If we could design our own 3/4 zip off riding pants these would be them. We believe a zip off riding pant should be:
1) Easy on and off so you don't have to remove your boots when you take the pants on and off
2) Waterproof from the exterior (no more fusing with clumsy and hot inner liners)
3) Extremely breathable so if the temperature rises, heat and moisture can be released through the fabric
3) Have D30 orange armor because it protects like no other armor
4) Should have various size options like short, standard, and tall so each riding can achieve the ideal fit.
This TPG Escape pant incorporates the most advanced technological features in motorcycle protective outerwear, utilizing Cocona technology, waterproof-breathable laminate, for the most effective moisture transfer textile available anywhere.
The TPG Escape Pant features the latest generation of D3O armor protection, T-5 Evo Pro, for the highest degree of impact protection exceeding all CE Level 2 standards.
- Cocona waterproof-breathable shell
- D3O T-5 Evo Pro armor at knees and hips
- Waterproof dry pocket
- Waterproof zipper treatments throughout
"Comfortable and well made, direct replacement of old TPG Escape pants. Recommended.
My four year old pair of TPGs were starting to get less-than-waterproof in the seat, even though the rest of the pants were in excellent condition. 40,000-plus miles of sitting is just hard on the material.
After looking around and trying a few other pairs of pants, I came back to the FirstGear TPG line. My original pair were still in good shape, fit well and had the features I wanted.
It appears the updated TPG Escape is a good continuation of the already excellent product line. The new Cocona fabric is soft to the touch, flexible and easy to ride in. I tried a pair of GoreTex pants from another manufacturer and sent them back because they were the opposite; felt like sandpaper, unyielding and made me fidget.
I am 6'1, 200 pounds, wear 38x34 jeans and ride an R1200RT daily. My original TPG pants were 38 tall, so that is what I ordered to replace them with and the fit is perfect."
- R1200RT Rider from Seattle, WA