The GoPro Hero3 Black Edition is one of the most the most powerful, versatile and durable cameras designed for action sports on the market today. Like other GoPro 3 editions, the GoPro Hero3 Black is 30 percent smaller and 25 percent lighter, but it is also twice as powerful as previous editions. A marvel of seasoned industry professional, the camera produces cinema-quality videos that deliver twice the resolution and frame-rate of previous models. The Go Pro Hero 3 Black offers multiple user options and has the ability to capture ultra-wide images of 1440p at 48 frames per second, 1080p at 60 frames per second, and 720p at 120 frames per second. Those with Protune video modes will also enjoy the ultra-high resolution of 2.7KP at 30 frames per second and 4KP at 15 frames per second.
Smaller, lighter and 2X more powerful, again.
The Wi-Fi enabled HERO3: Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro, ever. No expense was spared during its development, resulting in a GoPro that is 30% smaller, 25% lighter and 2x more powerful than previous models. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197' (60m), capable of capturing ultra-wide 1440p 48fps, 1080p 60 fps and 720p 120 fps video and 12MP photos at a rate of 30 photos per second, the HERO3: Black Edition is the world's most versatile camera. Built-in Wi-Fi, GoPro App compatibility and the included Wi-Fi Remote (normally a separate $79.99 accessory) make the HERO3: Black Edition all the more versatile, still
Weighing in at a scant 2.6 ounces, the HERO3: Black Edition is 25% lighter and 30% smaller than previous models.
2X Faster Video Performance
The HERO3: Black Edition captures professional, cinema-quality video at 2X the resolution and 2X the frame-rate of previous models while delivering 2X better low light performance. Slow-motion aficionados and industry professionals will love the HERO3: Black Edition's 1080p-60, 720p-120, WVGA-240, 960p-100 and 1440p-48 video modes while those desiring a cinematic look will appreciate the ultra-high resolution 2.7KP-30 fps and 4KP-15 fps (Protune only) video modes.
3X Faster Photo Performance
The HERO3: Black Edition's photo performance is 3X improved, now boasting 12MP burst capture at a staggering 30 frames per second with 2X better low light performance compared to previous models. Still Photo and Time-lapse Photo modes remain the same but are now joined by a new Continuous Photo mode that captures continuous 12MP stills at a steady 3, 5, or 10 photo-per-second rate, up to 30 photos at a time.
Improved Sharpness, Less Distortion
The HERO3's reduced-distortion, 6-element aspherical lens combines with user-selectable Ultra-wide, Medium and Narrow field-of-views to deliver more perspective-capture options than ever before. Add the totally updated flat-lens waterproof housing that delivers stunning image sharpness both above and below water and you've got one of the most powerful and durable image capture solutions on the planet.
Redesigned Audio System
Understanding that sound quality is as important as image quality, GoPro engineers completely redesigned the HERO3 to be as adept at capturing the subtle, natural sounds of voice and music as it is at capturing the immersive sounds of sport. Also improved is GoPro's already famous wind-noise reduction, ensuring that you'll hear more of your passion, be it your engine or expletives, and less of the wind during high speed activities.
Built-in Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi Remote Included)
The HERO3 Black Edition features built-in Wi-Fi and includes GoPro's Wi-Fi Remote accessory. The Wi-Fi Remote is normally available as a $79.99 accessory but is included with the HERO3: Black Edition. The Wi-Fi Remote is waterproof, wearable and can control up to 50 Wi-Fi-enabled GoPros at a time from a range of 600'. The HERO3's built in Wi-Fi means it can also be controlled by iOS smartphones and tablets running the GoPro App*. The GoPro App enables full camera control and live scene preview on any compatible iOS smartphone or tablet. * A software update for your HERO3 camera is required before using the GoPro app. GoPro app compatibility with the HERO3: Black Edition will be available December 14, 2012. Click here to update your HERO3 product software.
The HERO3: Black Edition is compatible with all GoPro mounting accessories and older generation BacPacs along with the newer generation LCD Touch BacPac and 2nd generation Battery BacPac. However, as all HERO3 cameras have a new size and shape and are not compatible with HERO2 housings.
- HERO3: Black Edition Camera
- 197ft/ 60m Waterproof Housing*
- Wi-Fi Remote + Key Ring
- Remote Charging Cable
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- QR Buckle
- J-Hook Buckle
- 3-Way Pivot
- 1 Curved Adhesive Mount
- 1 Flat Adhesive Mount
- Assorted Mounts and Hardware
- USB Charging Cable
+ FREE 16GB MicroSD Class 10 Memory Card or Accessory of Your Choice from our list (up to $24.99 value)
+ FREE 2-3 DAY USA SHIPPING ($15 Value)
+ FREE BONUS FILMING GUIDE
- Wearable, mountable design
- Immersive, wide angle capture of your favorite activities
- Professional quality HD video & 12MP photos
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote control via included Wi-Fi Remote or live video preview and remote control on smartphones and tablets running the free GoPro app.
- Rugged housing is waterproof to 197ft/60M and captures sharp images above and below water
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to gear, body, helmets, vehicles and more
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac and second generation Battery BacPac
- Backwards compatible with older generation BacPacs
- New advanced camera settings: Looping video, Continuous Photo, Manual White Balance control, Protune Mode, allows to shoot photos while recording video and more.
- Professional 4K Cinema 15 fps / 2.7K cinema 30 fps / 1440p 48 fps / 1080p 60 fps / 960p 100 fps /720p 120 fps and more video capture
- 12MP photo capture with 30 fps burst
- Wi-Fi Built-In
- Wi-Fi Remote Compatible (included)
- GoPro App Compatible (FREE)
- 197ft/ 60m Waterproof Housing*
- Assorted mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear and more
- Ultra sharp /2.8 6-element aspherical glass lens
- Ultra wide angle / reduced distortion
- 2X Better low-light performance*
- Note: *May require a firmware update on camera
- Video format: H.264 codec, .mp4 file format
- White Balance: auto and manual
- 12, 7, 5MP resolutions
- Burst: 30 photos per second
- Continuous Photo: 3 photos per second, 5 photos per second, 10 photos per second
- Time-lapse: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 second intervals
- Simultaneous Photo + Video:
- 12MP + 1440p24 fps
- 8MP + 720p60 fps
Battery & Charging
- 1050mAh rechargeable lithium-ion
- Charge via USB
- Mono, 48kHz, AAC compression w/ AGC
- Supports optional 3.5mm stereo mic adapter **
- MicroSD class 10 or higher required
- Up to 64GB capacity supported
- Record times will vary with resolutions and frame rates
- USB charging cable
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 and later
- Mac OS X 10.5 and later
*Compared to HD HERO2 and HERO3 White and Silver Edition Cameras
**Optional accessories sold separately.