GPR Steering Stabilizer / Damper for BMW R1200GS/A & F800GS
These quality USA made steering stabilizer kits are made specifically to enhance your control and ride on the R1200GS, R1200GSA, and F800GS. Stabilizers smooth out excessive handle bar motion and tank slap in mud, sand, and rocky terrain. Each kit includes all mounts and hardware.
This GPR Version 4 design is the evolution of the GPR Version 3. Riders and racers wanted that slim under-bar mount, but did not need to have the remote adjustment, or hoses. GPR moved the adjustment dial to the left side and created a dial that was easy to use but as small as possible. This is the result. All machined from billet stock, anodized and laser engraved. An instant hit with the pro racers. Smaller, lighter, faster.
The GPR Version 4 design has caught the attention of Motocross / Supercross and Supermoto teams for its ability to be mounted below the bars and make virtually no change to the riders position. Easy to adjust but also tucked out of the way.
Offering an under-bar mount systems by our competitors "standard" steering damper has the problem of raising your bar height as much as 2+ inches. This steering damper is made for mounting under the bars. This was achieved by keeping the damper as slim as possible and the creation of a "hollow" vane. The hollow vane allows for the damper to be mounted almost flush to the top clamp.
You'll find this design on the Motocross / Supercross team of Star Yamaha, Broc Tickle, Factory Kawasakis Off-Road team, Destry Abbott, Ricky Dietrich, The Yamaha's of Russ Pearson. The KTM's of Shane Watts, Robbie Jenks and Mike Lafferty, just to name a few.
- Made in California, USA
- Has 8 settings.
- Easily adjustable with gloves on
- Can go from lowest setting (1) to highest setting (8) in just one click
- Complete kit includes all mounts and hardware for installation
- Available in colors Black/Black, Red/Black, Blue/Black, Gold/Black, or Titanium/Black
- Installation will require two people and a few special tools including a shop press and a square 1/2 inch socket. If you are very mechanical, installation is achievable with the above specialty tools. If you do not have access to the above tools we recommend you have your local dealer install the stabilizer for you. Adventure Designs provides installation services at our shop in Hayward, CA.
- Fits 2008-2013 F800GS Twins
- Only Fits Years 2008-2012 R1200GS & R1200GSA's. Will NOT fit 2004-2007 R1200GS & R1200GSA's.
- Will NOT fit 2013 R1200GS Water-Cooled.
Adventure Designs co-owner, Chad Olson, installed this steering stabilizer on his 2009 R1200GS in July 2012. He tested it extensively on a 9 day trip from California to Colorado, and Moab, UT. He was thoroughly impressed with the performance under extreme road and off-road conditions. The stabilizer, helped him to better control his GS in mud, large rocks and other loose riding surfaces. He also liked the increased stability on the road.