FREE USA SHIPPING
GPR Steering Stabilizer / Damper for BMW R1200GS/A Oil Cooled, F800GS/A Twins, & S1000RR
Are you tired of speed wobbles on the street and off-road. Stop tank slaps and handlebar gyrations off-road. Minimize arm fatigue during extended off-road riding. Adventure Designs co-owners, Chad and Karsten Olson, have been using GPR stabilizers for over 4 years on their personal bikes and think they provide a real advantage both on and off-road.
Under extreme off-road conditions, a steering damper helps reduce excessive handlebar movement when your front suspension is taking a pounding. That's why you'll see motocross race bikes, which have to withstand higher speeds and bigger shocks, using one of these GPR Version 4 steering stabilizers and dampers, which Adventure Designs offers for BMW R1200GS/A, S1000RR, and F800GS/A models. The major advantage of the GPR 4 is that it fits compactly beneath the handlebars without forcing you to raise the handlebars, like some steering dampers. This keeps the GPR 4 out of the way and doesn't change your riding position. The dial for the eight-way adjustment is small but easy to use, even with gloves on. Plus, the GPR 4 looks great on your bike. It's machined from billet aluminum, anodized in your choice of five colors, and laser engraved. What could be better than good looks and avoiding a few tank-slappers on your next challenging off-road ride?
- Made in California, USA
- Has 8 settings.
- Easily adjustable with gloves on
- Can go from lowest setting (1) to highest setting (8) in just one click
- Complete kit includes all mounts and hardware for installation
- Available in colors Black/Black, Red/Black, Blue/Black, Gold/Black, or Titanium/Black
- Installation will require two people and a few special tools including a shop press and a square 1/2 inch socket. If you are very mechanical, installation is achievable with the above specialty tools. If you do not have access to the above tools we recommend you have your local dealer install the stabilizer for you. Adventure Designs provides installation services at our shop in Hayward, CA.
- Fits 2008-2016 F800GS/A Twins
- Fits 2009-2013 BMW S1000RR
- Fits Years 2008-2013 R1200GS & R1200GSA's with or without Rox Risers.
- GPR-9011-0099 fits 2013+ R1200GS Water-Cooled and 2014+ R1200GSA motorcycles. See the other listing for that product.
** Note ** Does Not fit 2004-2007 R1200GS & R1200GSA's. If you have a 2015+ R1200GS Water Cooled or R1200GSA Water Cooled with BMW Keyless Start and want to use risers please select part # GPR-9011-0099 for additional $175.
Adventure Designs co-owner, Chad Olson, installed this steering stabilizer on his 2009 R1200GS in July 2012. He tested it extensively on a 9 day trip from California to Colorado, and Moab, UT. He was thoroughly impressed with the performance under extreme road and off-road conditions. The stabilizer, helped him to better control his GS in mud, large rocks and other loose riding surfaces. He also liked the increased stability on the road. Adventure Designs co-owner, Karsten Olson, installed a GPR stabilizer on his 2009 F800GS in May of 2014 and he has also been really impressed with its performance. It has been one of the most helpful accessories for off-road riding.