FREE USA SHIPPING
GPR Steering Stabilizer / Damper for BMW R1200GS WC and GSA WC Adventure
Are you tired of speed wobbles on the street and off-road. Stop tank slaps and handlebar gyrations off-road. Minimize arm fatigue during extended off-road riding. Adventure Designs co-owners, Chad and Karsten Olson, have been using GPR stabilizers for over 4 years on their personal bikes and think they provide a real advantage both on and off-road.
This model eveloped specifically for the Water Cooled/Liquid Cooled BMW GS and GSAdventure motorcycles with or without keyless start ignitions. In order to accomplish this feat, GPR had to go back to the drawing board and they came out with a complete top triple clamp replacement with integrated anti-vibration risers and make / model specific stabilizer mounting brackets.
Why do we believe in these GPR Stabilizers?
Under extreme off-road conditions, a steering damper helps reduce excessive handlebar movement when your front suspension is taking a pounding. That's why you'll see motocross race bikes, which have to withstand higher speeds and bigger shocks, using one of these GPR Version 4 steering stabilizers and dampers. Previously Adventure Designs only offered these for the Keyed BMW R1200GS and F800GS models, but now this unit is available for all of the newer Liquid Cooled R1200GSW models.
What makes GPR different than the other stabilizers in the marketplace?
The major advantage of the GPR 4 is that it fits compactly beneath the handlebars without forcing you to raise the handlebars, like some steering dampers. This keeps the GPR 4 out of the way and doesn't change your riding position. The dial for the eight-way adjustment is small but easy to use, even with gloves on. Plus, the GPR 4 looks great on your bike. It's machined from billet aluminum, anodized in your choice of five colors, and laser engraved. What could be better than good looks and avoiding a few tank-slappers on your next challenging off-road ride?
- Made in California, USA
- Has 8 settings.
- Easily adjustable with gloves on
- Can go from lowest setting (1) to highest setting (8) in just one click
- Complete kit includes all mounts and hardware for installation
- Available in colors Black/Black, Red/Black, Blue/Black, Gold/Black, or Titanium/Black
- Installation will require two people and a few special tools including a shop press and a square 1/2 inch socket. If you are very mechanical, installation is achievable with the above specialty tools. If you do not have access to the above tools we recommend you have your local dealer install the stabilizer for you. Adventure Designs provides installation services at our shop in Hayward, CA.
- R1200GS WC 2013+ WITHOUT KEYLESS START $575
- R1200GSA WC 2014+ WITHOUT KEYLESS START $575
- R1200GS WC 2013+ with KEYLESS START $750
- R1200GSA WC 2014+ with KEYLESS START $750
Adventure Designs co-owner, Chad Olson, installed these steering stabilizers on his 2009 R1200GS and his 2013 BMW R1200GS WC. He tested it extensively on a 9 day trip from California to Colorado, and Moab, UT. He was thoroughly impressed with the performance under extreme road and off-road conditions. The stabilizer, helped him to better control his GS in mud, large rocks and other loose riding surfaces. He also liked the increased stability on the road. Adventure Designs co-owner, Karsten Olson, installed a GPR stabilizer on his 2009 F800GS in May of 2014 and he has also been really impressed with its performance. It has been one of the most helpful accessories for off-road riding.