If you're prepared, a flat tire can be a temporary delay. If you're not, it can mean an all-day ordeal of waiting for help to arrive and getting your tire fixed by someone else. And what do you do if you're across distant horizons where help isn't available?
With the Adventure Designs Micro Tire Pump Kit for tubeless tires, you'll have everything you need to repair your tire temporarily, inflate it and get back on your way so you can replace your tire or more permanently repair it at a location that's more convenient than the side of the road. The centerpiece of this compact kit is the powerful and durable 12-volt pump that runs off your motorcycle's electrical system. Choose from alligator clips to attach the eight-foot power cord directly to your battery, or a cigarette lighter style plug or the proprietary BMW plug. Overland Journal Magazine (www.overlandjournal.com) tested our pump and others and found that the Micro Pump outperformed pumps costing $100 and $172. This pump can inflate a motorcycle tire to 40 psi in about two to five minutes.
The Micro Tire Pump Kit also comes with the tools and supplies you need to repair your tubeless tire before inflating it. The carrying case holds string plugs, glue, a T-handle rasping tool, a T-handle plug insertion tool, a zip-lock bag for keeping your rubber plugs and glue fresh, needle-nose pliers with built-in wire cutters for removing nails or puncture debris from your tire and a quality stainless steel pencil tire gauge. There are even two inflation tips to blow up balls, air mattresses and other inflatables.
Don't be fooled by inferior pumps that literally vibrate themselves apart or destroy themselves with internally generated heat. The Adventure Designs Micro Tire Pump Kit lets you repair and inflate your tire and get back on the road. Every rider should have one.
Micro Tire Pump Kit with Tubeless Tire Repair Tools includes:
- 12 Volt Micro Tire Pump with your choice of plug
- Heavy duty water resistant zippered carrying case (black)
- A quality stainless steel pencil tire pressure gauge
- Tubeless tire tire repair kit with string plugs, glue, t-handle style hole rasping tool, t-handle plug insertion tool, and a zip-lock bag for keeping your rubber plugs and glue fresh
- 2 inflation tips for balls and other inflatables.
- Needle nose pliers with built in wire cutters (for removing nails or puncture debris from your tire)
- Right angle valve (ideal for easy access to the valve stem on motorcycles with large brake rotors)