MSR Alterra Adventure Jacket
Note: This jacket seem to run 1 Size Large. If you wear a Large - order a Medium. Kyle is 5' 9" weighing 185 and he is wearing a Medium in this video.
This new ALTERRA jacket from MSR is a feature packed jacket which provides waterproofness from the exterior using the MSR Dry-XCTM nylon outer shell. As can be seen in the images, we have extensively tested this jacket with literally 20+ Off's and have walked away with no broken bones, no road rash, and not even a bruise.
If you are in the market for a comfortable, sturdy, protective, well vented, waterproof jacket at a palatable price point, the ALTERRA jacket is a great jacket to consider.
- Dry-XCTM treated 600 d Nylon outer shell for waterproofing and breathability
- 840 d Ballistic Nylon in high-wear areas
- Hyperflo ventilation system comprised of 9 vents
- Two upper and lower chest pockets with storm flaps, two lower side fleece lined, hand warmers and one oversized lower back pocket
- Two inner pockets on right chest and two vertical pockets on left chest
- Oversized, two-way main zipper with storm flap and rain gutter for dry, trouble-free function
- FlashliteTM reflective panels, piping and printing for vis- ibility under dim light conditions
- Six cinch straps at sleeves and body to customize fit
- D3o intelligent shock absorption armor in shoulders, elbows and back
Check out our product review video showing this jacket in action at 8,000 feet in the snow of the Sierra Nevada mountains: