Please Pre-Order Now. More are in production and will ship to customers March 10th. Please reserve yours now for earliest delivery.
PRE-ORDER Rugged Aluminum Rear Locking Storage Box for BMW R1200GS/A Oil Cooled Bikes with OEM Racks. Made in USA
The most secure and user friendly rear locking box on the market. Gain extra space that is close to your bikes center of gravity for gear essentials such as tire repair kits, tool kits, first aid kits etc. Proudly made by American craftsmen. This Rugged Rear Locking Storage Box is the market leading design that provides secure storage near to the motorcycles center of gravity. It's side load design makes it easier to load and unload without cutting up your knuckles and fingers. Rear load designs are a pain to pack and are more vulnerable to theft with panniers on because a thief clearly sees the door and can pry them open with objects like a screwdriver. Our innovative side load design also enables you to more fully pack the box with your essential gear.
Turn wasted space into weatherproof, secure carrying space for essentials such as tools, a tire repair kit and a first aid kit with this ingenious and rugged rear locking tool box for BMW R1200GS/A and Adventure pannier racks from Adventure Designs. This locking tool box attaches to the inside of the original equipment BMW rear pannier rack on the right side so it doesn't add to the overall width of the motorcycle but it significantly expands your carrying capacity. It's made in the United States of hand-welded aircraft-quality aluminum. The locking door has a gasket to keep out water and dust and a corner of the box allows clearance for the rear brake caliper under full compression of the rear suspension. The tool box is accessed by removing the side pannier. This is a clever use of space and a convenient way to add discreet, secure, weatherproof storage for the things you need to carry all the time, so you don't have to take up valuable space in your panniers.
- Securely fits and locks essential items
- Ample space securely fits items like the Adventure Designs tool kit, tire repair kit, emergency first aid kit, tow strap etc.
- Side load door enables user to access more space in the box and to view and remove items quickly.
- Proudly made with care in the USA. True American craftsmanship is seen in the fabrication. In our opinion this box is part "work of art" and part essential GSA accessory.
- The BMW OEM rear sprayguard must be removed to ensure clearance at full suspension compression. Many off-road training schools recommend you remove this rear mudguard anyways to prevent breakage while riding. The BMW Off-Road Training schools recommend you remove the OEM rear sprayguard for heavy off-road riding. They remove them from all school training bikes and from all GS Trophy competition bikes.
- The box is attached with two stout clamps: one on the top and one on the front pannier frame braces, and with bolts through the lower tabs on the pannier frame, which requires drilling 3/16" holes in the tabs and the box.
These Rugged GSA Boxes were featured in the January, 2013 BMW Owners News article by Bill Dragoo.