Rugged Rear Locking ToolBox for BMW R1200GSA Racks. Made in USA
Carry your essential tools on your R1200GSA with the pannier on or off. Hidden behind the pannier, the toolbox is secure and out of the way, yet accessible by simply removing the right pannier.
The toolbox is designed for the BMW R1200GS and GS Adventure with the BMW OEM GSA aluminum cases and mounting system. It’s constructed from alclad aircraft aluminum.
The box is manufactured using laser cutters, press brake folding equipment and professional welders to produce the best accessory toolbox yet for the awesome R1200GS and GS Adventure motorcycles.
The toolbox is welded by hand. The door has a gasketed gutter well suited to wet and dusty conditions. The mounting system consists of a double-bolted stainless steel saddle over the top pannier frame tube featuring captive nuts in the box for two 6mm mounting bolts. The forward mounting tab uses the existing T-45 bolt on the pannier frame mount. The hinges are solid “harsh environment” units. One interior corner of the box is modified to provide clearance for the rear brake caliper and bleed fitting at full suspension compression.
- Securely fits and locks essential items
- Ample space securely fits items like the Adventure Designs tool kit, tire repair kit, emergency first aid kit, tow strap etc.
- Side load door enables user to access more space in the box and to view and remove items quickly.
- Proudly made with care in the USA. True American craftsmanship is seen in the fabrication. In our opinion this box is part "work of art" and part essential GSA accessory.
- The BMW OEM rear sprayguard must be removed to ensure clearance at full suspension compression. Many off-road training schools recommend you remove this rear mudguard anyways to prevent breakage while riding.
- The box is attached with two stout clamps: one on the top and one on the front pannier frame braces, and with bolts through the lower tabs on the pannier frame, which requires drilling 3/16" holes in the tabs and the box.
These Rugged GSA Boxes were featured in the January, 2013 BMW Owners News article by Bill Dragoo.