Rugged Rear Locking ToolBox for BMW R1200GSAW Liquid Cooled Racks
Carry your essential tools on your R1200GSAW with the pannier on or off. Hidden behind the OEM BMW pannier racks, the toolbox is secure and out of the way, yet accessible by simply removing the left (non exhaust side) pannier.
The toolbox is designed for the 2014 BMW R1200GSAW and the 2013 and up R1200GSW with the BMW OEM GSAW aluminum cases and mounting system.
This locking box is constructed from alclad aircraft aluminum. It is manufactured using laser cutters, press brake folding equipment and professional welders to produce the best accessory toolbox yet for the awesome R1200GSW and GSAW Adventure motorcycles.
The toolbox is welded by hand. One interior corner of the box is modified to provide clearance for the rear brake caliper and bleed fitting at full suspension compression. The door opening is a generous 5"x10" providing easy access for tool rolls or items that won't fit through smaller openings. The gasketed door fits over a raised lip to provide a weather tight seal and is secured with a weather resistant keyed lock. The box is mounted with a stainless steel loop clamp over the pannier frame, secured by a 6mm bolt into a captive nut pressed into the box and with three 4mm bolts through three of the pannier frame tabs, making for a bombproof mounting system worthy of the GS and Adventure capabilities. The full width hinge is attached with solid aluminum aircraft rivets.
- Securely fits and locks essential items
- Ample space securely fits items like the Adventure Designs tool kit, tire repair kit, emergency first aid kit, tow strap etc.
- Side load door enables user to access more space in the box and to view and remove items quickly.
- Proudly made with care in the USA. True American craftsmanship is seen in the fabrication. In our opinion this box is part "work of art" and part essential GSA accessory.
- The BMW OEM rear sprayguard must be removed to ensure clearance at full suspension compression. Many off-road training schools recommend you remove this rear mudguard anyways to prevent breakage while riding.