SAVE 10% on these Quality USA Made Seats
FREE SHIPPING to USA Contiguous 48 States
Seats marked "PRE-ORDER" are temporarily out of stock because we and the manufacturer are temporarily out of stock. More are in production now and will ship to customers approximately June 7. Please reserve yours now for the earliest delivery.
Stock OEM seats are notorious for feeling good when you sit on them for one minute in the showroom but becoming a literal pain in the butt after hours on the road. Saddlemen has been making comfortable, high-quality seats for cruisers and touring bikes right here in the United States for more than 20 years, and their front seat for the BMW R1200GS and R1200GSA are a big step up from stock in terms of comfort, quality, sturdiness and intelligent design.
The Saddlemen R1200GS/A seat is a innovative design that combines a gel comfort layer and progressive density foam with a unique channel design in the center of the seat to reduce pressure and allow airflow. Men, if you've ridden a motorcycle with a forward-sloping seat that tends to push you into the gas tank, you know the sort of annoying discomfort we're talking about. In addition to the channel design, the Saddlemen R1200GS/A seat is built to be more flat, so it won't cause you to slip forward under braking, and the marine-grade synthetic suede material provides just the right amount of grip to keep you from sliding around.
The Saddlemen seat is built on a seat pan made of high-strength resin and uses flange mounts and fasteners made of metal, not plastic like the ones on the stock seat. For more comfortable cold-weather riding, order the optional heated version (rider's section only) that provides five levels of heat you select using a remote control. You can also choose from a standard or low version of the seat to fit your height.
Like most quality seats, your Saddlemen seat will need a break-in period of about 500 to 1,500 miles. But once you've put a few miles on it, you'll find that you have a whole new appreciation for the mile-munching capabilities of your BMW R1200GS/A.
- Hybrid design combines exclusive saddlebag interior, progressive density foam and a Gel Channel saddle to provide adventure and dual sport riders with unparalleled comfort and control.
- Vinyl and rugged microfiber suede cover holds up to hard use while providing outstanding comfort and a secure, comfortable ride
- The seat pan is made of high strength resin that is much stronger than the OEM stock seat which is plastic
- All seat flange mounts and fasteners are metal compared to the OEM stock plastic mounts that are very fragile
- Includes a innovative space cut-out in the middle of the seat for increased space, comfort and airflow in your "man part" area. Greatly releases pressure and increases blood flow between the legs.
- Includes adjustable seat mounts which raise or lower the seat by approximately 1 inch to provide your with 2 height options for various riding situations.
- Like all quality aftermarket seats, Saddlemen seats have break in period of approximately 500 to 1500 miles. During this break in period your seat will form to your unique body shape and get even more comfortable.
- The rider seat is designed specifically to have a more neutral, flat, and balanced seating position so that the rider is not continuously sliding forward like is often common on OEM stock seats.
- Made in the USA
We and our customers have been very pleased with the Saddlemen seats. One customer purchased the low version seat set for his 2012 R1200GSA and immediately set our for a 2800 mile ride including the Continental Divide (approx. 1800 of dirt) Canada and then back to California. He and his girlfriend (who joined him for approx. 1000 miles) were thoroughly impressed with the performance, comfort and aesthetics of the Saddlemen seats.