UPDATE OCTOBER 15, 2019: We are sorry we have had to discontinue this product because we have to focus and use these resources for new current bike model products.
DISCONTINUED Rugged Aluminum Rear Locking Storage Box for BMW R1200GS/A Oil-Cooled Bikes with OEM Racks. Made in USA.
With the ADVGear Aluminum Storage Box for BMW R1200GS and Adventure motorcycles, you can make even more of your bike usable for grand touring trips. This BMW tool box is the most secure and user-friendly rear locking box on the market. Gain extra space that is close to your bike's center of gravity for gear essentials such as tire repair kits, tool kits, first aid kits and hardware. Each storage case is proudly made by American craftsmen using materials that are weatherproof and rustproof.
This Rugged Rear Locking Storage Box is the market-leading design that provides secure storage near the motorcycle's center of gravity so it won't affect handling or stability. Its side-load design makes it easier to load and unload without cutting up your knuckles and fingers. Rear-load designs are a pain to pack and are more vulnerable to theft with panniers on because a thief clearly sees the door and can pry them open with objects like a screwdriver. Our innovative side load design also enables you to more fully pack the box with your essential gear.
Turn wasted space into weatherproof, secure carrying space for essentials such as tools, a tire repair kit and a first aid kit with this ingenious and rugged rear locking tool box for BMW R1200GS/A and Adventure pannier racks. This locking tool box attaches to the inside of the original equipment BMW rear pannier rack on the right side. This way, it doesn't add to the overall width of the motorcycle, but still significantly expands your carrying capacity.
It's made in the United States of hand-welded aircraft-quality aluminum. The locking door has a gasket to keep out water and dust and a corner of the box allows clearance for the rear brake caliper under full compression of the rear suspension. The tool box is accessed by removing the side pannier. This is a clever use of space and a convenient way to add discreet, secure, weatherproof storage for the things you need to carry all the time so you don't have to take up valuable space in your panniers.
Use our dropdown menus to select the right rear locking storage box for your oil-cooled BMW motorcycle. If you need a tool box for a 2009 R1200 GS with pannier racks, we will send you the perfect model. ADV Designs used our own bikes to design and test this box, so you know you're using something that its makers trust. Our secure shopping, worldwide shipping and expert service have made us the place people trust for motorcycle touring supplies. Get your BMW R1200GS storage box today and discover what you can do with more space.
- Securely fits and locks essential items.
- Ample space easily stores items like the ADV Designs tool kit, tire repair kit, emergency first aid kit, tow strap, etc.
- Side-load door enables you to access more space in the box and to find and remove items quickly.
- Proudly made with care in the USA. True American craftsmanship is seen in the fabrication. In our opinion, this box is part "work of art" and part essential GSA accessory.
- The BMW OEM rear spray guard must be removed to ensure clearance at full suspension compression. Many off-road training schools recommend you remove this rear mudguard anyways to prevent breakage while riding. The BMW Off-Road Training schools recommend you remove the OEM rear spray guard for heavy off-road riding. They remove them from all school training bikes and from all GS Trophy competition bikes.
- The box is attached with two stout clamps: one on the top and one on the front pannier frame braces, plus bolts going through the lower tabs on the pannier frame, which requires drilling 3/16" holes in the tabs and the box.
These Rugged GSA Boxes were featured in the January 2013 BMW Owners News article by Bill Dragoo.