AI-1 Airbag Protection Vest by Klim and In&Motion. Available in Standard and Rally D30 Versions
***Standard Version includes MEMORY ELASTANE Back Protector Armor Pad
***Rally D30 Version includes D30 Chest and D30 Back Protector Armor Pads
The Ai-1 Airbag Vest and In&Box DPP (Detect-Protect-Perfect) platform is the first continually evolving motorcycle protection technology driven by artificial intelligence. The In&Box detection module offers unprecedented crash sensitivity through continuous algorithm updates. The Ai-1 vest is comfortable and low-profile for use with any riding jacket, and is one of the highest rated motorcycle airbag systems available. Ride protected by the smartest system in motorcycle airbag technology.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ELECTRONIC AUTONOMOUS MOTORCYCLE AIRBAG VEST
- DETECTION + INFLATION TIME UNDER 60 MILLISECONDS
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT THORAX, ABDOMEN, SPINE, NECK
- MOISTURE-WICKING, BREATHABLE STRETCH MESH VEST CHASSIS
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOTORCYCLE JACKETS THAT MEET SIZE REQUIREMENTS
- COMPATIBLE WITH ONE-PIECE SUITS LISTED AS COMPATIBLE WITH IN&MOTION
- FULLY WIRELESS AND AUTONOMOUS (NO SENSORS ON BIKE)
- POLYPROPYLENE SHELL
- MEMORY ELASTANE BACK PROTECTOR CE CERTIFIED EN1621-2
- BACK PROTECTOR OFFERS IMPACT ABSORPTION EVEN WITHOUT INFLATION
- IN&BOX EVOLVING CRASH DETECTION ALGORITHM (DETECT-PROTECT-PERFECT)
- CELL PHONE APP CONNECTIVITY TO IN&BOX DETECTION MODULE
- STREET, TRACK* AND ADVENTURE MODE CRASH DETECTION OPTIONS
- APPROX. 25 HOURS IN&BOX CONTINUOUS USE BATTERY LIFE
- AUTOMATIC STANDBY MODE
- COLOR-CODED IN&BOX STATUS INDICATORS
- USB IN&BOX CHARGING PORT
- USER-REPLACEABLE COMPRESSED INERT GAS INFLATOR (MUST REPLACED AFTER EACH DEPLOYMENT)
- VEST CHASSIS DESIGNED TO BE CAPABLE OF WITHSTANDING 3 INFLATIONS (IF POST-INFLATION PROCEDURE IS ALWAYS FOLLOWED)
- TOP RANKING 5-STAR SRA RATED (INSURANCE INDEPENDENT RANKING)
- CE LEVEL C RATING CERTIFIED TO EN 17092-6
- TOTAL SYSTEM WEIGHT APPROX. 3.3 Ī0.2 LBS (1.5 Ī0.1 KG)
Detection Modes currently available in the United States:
- Street Mode (this is the standard detection mode when subscribing or purchasing the In&motion system)
- Adventure Mode (this is an optional detection mode on top of Street Mode, optimized for off-pavement adventure and dual-sport riding)
- *Track Mode (this option is currently unavailable in the US)
Step 1. Buy the vest
Step 2. Download the ďMy In&BoxĒ phone app
Step 3. Create your account and choose a subscription plan*
3a. Choose from $12/month or $120/year subscription options for Street Mode, which include unlimited In&Box warranty, anytime cancellations, VIP support services, and a new In&Box after 3 years.
3b. Or choose the $399 one-time purchasing option for Street Mode, which includes 2-year warranty and classic support services.
3c. At any time, choose to add the Adventure Mode detection algorithm option to your In-Box for $25/year or $8/month.
3d. All purchasing options include continuous algorithm updates and mobile app dashboard interface.
Step 4. Pair your In&Box and Ai-1 Airbag Vest
Step 5. Ride!
*prices exclude tax
*One piece leather suits are NOT approved to be worn under the Ai-1 Vest.
FAQ about the In&motion system and services:
1. Do I have to subscribe to an In&motion detection mode for this vest to work?
Answer: You can either buy the In&box detection module and service outright one time, or choose from a monthly or annual subscription model. The goal with offering a subscription model is to lower the initial financial barrier to using an airbag vest. The subscription model entitles you to a new In&box module after three years. Choose what works best for you.
2. If I donít want a monthly or annual subscription, can I still get this airbag vest?
Answer: You can purchase the vest and detection module with algorithm service outright and not have to worry about subscriptions
3. If I suspend/pause my subscription and forget to reactivate it, will the vest still detect a crash and inflate?
Answer: No, because in the first place you wonít be able to turn it on into ride-ready status before your ride. It will not ďtrickĒ you into thinking itís active when it is not, because the LED indicators will warn you that itís not active. If you ignore the LED indicators warning you that the airbag isnít active, you canít expect it to work.
4. If Iím subscribed monthly and miss a payment or my credit card expires, will the airbag suddenly stop working?
Answer: In&motion will reach out with a 30-day warning prior to your payment method expiration. After expiration or missed/forgotten payment, In&motion gives you a 30-day grace period during which the airbag functions completely the same. You will receive notifications about the missed payment. After the 30-day grace period, the airbag will stop detecting crashes until payment is resumed. You will not be able to turn on your airbag vest into ride-ready status after the 30-day grace period, so you wonít unknowingly ride with a non-functioning vest, unless you choose to ignore the LED indicators warning that it isnít active.
5. Would In&motion turn off my vest mid-ride if I pass the 30-day grace period?
Answer: In&motion will not turn off your vest mid-ride for any reason, even if youíre at the end of the 30-day grace period and it elapses during your ride. The only way for it to turn off during a ride is if you didnít charge the In&box and the battery dies (LEDs indicate battery level, which you see when you turn it on) or if you manually turn it off during your ride.
6. What does In&motion do with my Data?
Answer: In&motion takes Data Privacy very seriously. All data is anonymously aggregated for performance tuning. No information is shared with 3rd parties. In&motion is in compliance with GDPR (EU) and consumer-oriented privacy laws, where applicable, in the United States.
7. Is my data shared in real-time?
Answer: Encrypted rider data is automatically synced with the In&motion Cloud via the Companion App, when connected to WiFi.
ALL CLAIMS REGARDING CRASH DETECTION, BATTERY PERFORMANCE, PROTECTION PERFORMANCE, WEIGHT, SAFETY RATING AND AIRBAG INFLATION PERFORMANCE ARE MADE BY IN&MOTION. FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE www.inemotion.com/en#inemotion
PRODUCT DETAILS AND SPECIFICATIONS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Reviews & Ratings
8/23/2020 12:52 pm
Purchased this recently. Arrived got it set up. No issues, simple to do. Been on several rides. ~ 1200 miles Comfortable easy to wear. Highly recommended.
10/22/2020 9:17 pm
Well made, comfortable, worth the cost
Construction of the vest is excellent, well made. Comfortable to wear. I ordered the same size as I wear in Klim jackets. Vest fits a little snug but has plenty of elastic on sides to where you'll forget you're even wearing it after a while. Based on my daily rides, the battery should last about 20+ hours. In@motion system was easy to set up and connect to my wifi and immediately updated the vest with the latest software. Would highly recommend.
3/1/2021 5:32 pm
Great airbag vest
I've been riding with this vest for about 8 months and am very happy with the vest and the airbag tech system. Battery life is good and it is easy to use. I am 5'10" 170lb and medium is nice and snug fit but the stretch is ample to put shirts and a heated liner underneath. I wear large Rev'it jackets. It is a bit warm of course but i've not found it bearable even on hot days and a small price to pay for the protection.
6/14/2021 2:14 pm
Had a small crash last week,9 th june 2021, in Switzerland, at 20-30km/h, i flew over the bike after hitting a car. And stood up right away as if nothing had happened. It probably saved my neck! I bought the vest in May 2021
8/23/2021 7:50 pm
Comfortable and Easy to use.
I had been using a HitAir airbag vest for the past 3 years. A friend went down at 60 mph with that vest and walked away with a few bruises. So, I am a believer in inflator vests. I switched to the Klim vest because it doesnít require clipping in and unclipping. Seemingly not a big deal but I had to stop too many times as I realized I had not clipped in before starting out. The Klim vest is good to go without a tether. The vest is comfortable and an unexpected benefit has been that I can remove the back protector from my riding suits which makes them fit better and improves comfort. It has been OK during the 90 degree days this summers. It was very easy to set up and easy to use. Overall, I am very happy with the vest. One last thing, the customer service from In & Box when I had a tech question was outstanding.
10/7/2021 11:30 am
A major step in protection
I bought my AI-1 Airbag Vest in April 2021, so have done a few thousand kilometers I can write a review of these six months. Firstly: thankfully it was never activated in that period. Secondly: easy to use in both cold and warm weather. Thanks to a major software update (TURINI version 6.0.0-1) by In&motion, the battery life is now extended to 30 hrs. with a better detection and speed of deployment. Only downside: the fiddly micro-USB (why not USB-C?) charging port, connection is not always guaranteed. I have reported this recently to In&motion for warranty.